Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Unknown Factor with Hormone Medication

Hormone Medication - It is Global

We hear, especially in Sports, steroid this-steroid that and how it does this and that. They forget one important word - Global. 

Endocrine glands secrete into the bloodstream. What the gland produces affects every cell in the body that is nourished by the circulatory system. 

This is very different from an exocrine gland that secretes its product into a duct, not the bloodstream.

 In many situations the uninformed that take steroids for anabolic purposes (building up muscle tissue)have no clue what might be happening in their brain tissue, for example. What happens when you stop taking a hormone suddenly? Does your body and personality change? Maybe. Maybe not. Ask as many questions as you can about the global affects of hormone treatment.

A very good example of that is the hugh database of information on the birth control pill. The statistics from a large number of women, on the pill, are reliable. Word of mouth isn't reliable, it is just an opinion. That is why pharmaceutical companies go to great lengths to put, in writing, all the possible warnings of what their drug may do in your body. It is protects the drug company from some legal actions.

Insulin is a hormone. Please see a Diabetologist about how insulin may result in other changes in you. It is "global" too.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Comments even if you disagree with me. I am going to warn you though I am like a pit bull with discussions and I will not let go until either you stop or I have exhausted all points I can make. Give it a try sometimes people have been known to change my mind about things.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete